To create a new blank project
1. Select New / New project on the File Menu or select New blank project after clicking on the New icon in the quick access toolbar.
2. On the New Project dialog, select the desired target database and click Ok.
You can also use the shortcut Ctrl+N or click on the icon of the project toolbar to open the New Project dialog.
To create a new project from existing database
The reverse engineering tool from TMS Data Modeler creates a project from an existing database, so you can manage, view and edit all current information easily. Check the desired DBMS step-by-step process to create your project:
Select New / Import from database from the File Menu or select New project from database after clicking the New icon in quick access toolbar. On the Data dictionary import dialog, you can either select an existing connection or a new connection.
If you select Existing connection:
1. Choose the Connection name from the list and click Next.
2. The Data dictionary import dialog will open, showing a progress bar so you can follow the import process. When it's finished, the message Done will appear and the Next button will be enabled again. Click to continue. This will enable the button Finish. After clicking, the process will be complete.
If you select New connection:
1. Choose the Database type from the list and click Next.
2. Different DBMS will ask you for different information to be filled in on Data dictionary import dialog. It is necessary to complete this screen before proceeding.
3. Fill in the connection settings then click on "Test connection". If there are no connection problems, click Next.
4. The Data dictionary import dialog will show a progress bar so you can follow the import process. When it's finished, the message Done will appear and the Next button will be enabled again. Click to continue.
5. The last screen of the Data dictionary import dialog will allow you to save the current connection settings for future use. Select the checkbox and type the connection name if you wish to do so. Otherwise, uncheck the option and click Finish.